- Fast and flexible
Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely
Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Export data to common data analysis packages
Export your data to Microsoft Excel, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Secure file storage and sharing
Upload and share any type of file with anyone in the world through the File Repository feature. Also works with exports and other built-in file uploading features.
- Data-based triggers and alerts
Send real-time alerts and notifications to your team or other stakeholders via email, text, or phone based on certain data being entered or specific questions having a particular answer.
- Connect to other resources
Use built-in features (API) to move data to/from your project. Build your own custom software development features to connect your project to other systems.
- Diverse and flexible survey distribution options
Use a list of email addresses or phone numbers for your survey respondents and automatically contact them with personalized messages, and track who has responded. Or create a simple link for an anonymous survey for mass email mailings, to post on a website, or print on a flyer.
- REDCap Mobile App
Collect data offline using an app on a mobile device when there is no WiFi or cellular connection, and then later sync data back to the server.
- MyCap Mobile App
Collect data remotely from participants using this participant-facing mobile application for iOS and Android. Capture survey responses, as well as mobile-sensing or active tasks that are performed by participants using mobile device sensors, and data are automatically sent back to the REDCap server as soon as it is completed and internet connection is available.
- Data quality
Use field validation, branching/skip logic, and Missing Data Codes to improve and protect data quality during data entry. Open data queries to automatically identify and resolve discrepancies and other issues real-time.
Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print
Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Custom reporting
- Create custom searches for generating reports to view aggregate data. Identify trends with built-in basic statistics and charts.
- Advanced instrument design features
Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Perform informed consent electronically for participants via survey.
- Keeping Your Data Secure
When you use REDCap, all your data is kept secure and private. REDCap can remove identifiers from a dataset prior to exporting for analysis to create either a limited data set or a safe harbor data set. A safe harbor data set is the removal of the 18 pieces of information considered identifiers for the purposes of HIPAA compliance.
- HIPAA Compliant
- Data stored on a secure server
- Database access requires user authentication with password
- Data access based on an individual’s role on a project
- Logging and audit trails on all data interactions
- IRB and GWU Compliance Office approved for collection and storage of PHI including surveys